Minim is a light weight theme that uses the Twig template engine. It's also a personal experiment in separating as much logic from the presentation layer as possible. Minim is not meant to be a complete theme, but a fast and clean foundation.
Minim might be a good fit for you if:
- You want to keep logic out of the presentation layer.
- You want to fiddle around with Twig before Drupal 8 launches.
- Install ReneB's Twig for Drupal. If you don't want to modify core you can place the engine file in sites/all/themes/engines/twig/twig.engine.
- Clone yourself a copy of Minim and put it in sites/all/themes/minim.
- Before enabling, be sure to select a private file directory (admin/config/media/file-system). Twig for Drupal places its precompiled templates there. Not setting a private file directory will result in a gnarly WSOD that is hard to get rid of.
- Enable as usual.
Minim is meant to be the base for your theme, but is not a base theme (yet). Just go to town on the copy you cloned. Minim suggests a theming pattern where there is little to no logic in your templates. If you need to manipulate content or use logic, preprocess functions are suggested. The includes directory is expressly for breaking out preprocess functions for potential core, minim_theme and views templates.