- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-100
- Project: SimpleMeta (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-June-13
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
The Simple Meta module provides a method to set meta tags, such as page title, description and keywords for nodes, views and other pages.
The module doesn't sufficiently confirm user intent when adding and deleting meta tag entries allowing a malicious user to trick a site admin into deleting entries or adding inappropriate entries.
- Simple meta 6.x-1.x all versions prior to 6.x-2.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed SimpleMeta module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Simple meta module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Simple meta 6.x-2.0
The 6.x-1.x branch is no longer supported and all users of that branch should upgrade to the 6.x-2.x code.
Also see the SimpleMeta project page.
- Alexander the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.