- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-119
- Project: Excluded Users (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-August-1
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Excluded Users is a helper module which allows administrators to select users to not appear in user listings.
The module displays a list of user names and email addresses without sanitizing them. In the event that someone manages to insert malicious code into a user name or email address, this might lead to an XSS attack.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that the user name and email address are validated on creation by default but other user creation methods could create a vulnerability.
- Excluded Users 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Excluded Users module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Excluded Users module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Excluded Users 6.x-1.1
Also see the Excluded Users project page.
- Ricky Morse the 6.x module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.