- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-038
- Project: Commons Groups (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-March-27
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass, Multiple vulnerabilities
The Drupal Commons distribution is a tool for building social, group-based collaboration communities. The Commons Groups module is used by the distribution to provide specific Organic Groups customizations.
Versions 3.0 and earlier of the Commons Groups module is vulnerable to an access bypass and privilege escalation vulnerability that allows anonymous users to post content into groups.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Drupal Commons distribution and Commons Groups versions prior to 7.x-3.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Commons Groups module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use Commons Groups module upgrade to Commons Groups 7.x-3.1 or install the latest version of the Drupal Commons distribution (7.x-3.1) which will include the fix for Commons Groups
Also see the Commons Groups project page.
Commons project maintainers:
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.