Forena Reports module allows one to create customisable reports on their website.
As of the moment there is scanty documentation on the website. This is an attempt to convert the excellent video tutorials on the module's home page into something most people can relate to.
There are no dependencies as of the moment however if you want to use Forena Reports in Views you will require the Views module.
- Install Forena Reports module as you would any other Drupal module.
- This module requires a folder to house all the reports that you generate. In the sites/default/files folder create a folder specifically for that. E.g create a folder called 'reports' under /sites/default/files/
- Forena adds a content filter that also needs to be enabled so that the module works properly. The best format to modify is the Full HTML. Head over to the 'Text Formats' section of your website and enable the 'Embed Forena Reports' filter. Be sure to disable the other filters, as they could cause such graphs not to be shown at all (or with some error messages). Make sure these entries are turned off for the selected text format (within enabled filters):
- Limit allowed HTML tags
- Display any HTML as plain text
- Convert line breaks into HTML
- Correct faulty and chopped off HTML
The charts and graphs that Forena generates require SVGGraph library. There ia also support for PDF generation and the required libraries will be given mention in the respective sections.
USING THE SAMPLE DATA
Forena Reports ships with some custom reports that are a great help in learning and understanding the functionality of the module.
The samples are to be found under the repos folder in the Forena module subdirectory.
The rest of the documentation will be split into smaller subsections that will be easier to follow.