Here is my current setup:
- Imports from a list
- Creates nodes with content (sometimes with an image)
- Does not update the nodes.
- SelfNode processor, processes the node and imports remaining content
- Is allowed to update the nodes
- Importer B is used for multiple sites, so in xpath i am using quite some or's
- Sometimes a image is imported trough SelfNode, sometimes not (if not then it already has been importer trough importer A)
The issue here is that sometimes the image is a empty field when processing trough importer B. Which results in not passing the field to the $node entity. When feeds tries to update the node (entitySave($entity)), the image field is not in the $entity we send to entitySave, because it's an empty field.
It's the same when you for example unset the image field in node.module right before @1181. The image will be removed.
My guess is that we will have to tackle this with https://drupal.org/node/1107522. I would love to hear some suggestions.
Of course i can create a new node type for every imported article but that would be a hell when you want to add a new import. Or even worse when you want to add a new field to the imported nodes.
(found some more tough)