- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-069
- Project: Password policy (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2013-August-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to specify a certain level of password complexity (aka. "password hardening") for user passwords in Drupal by defining a password policy.
When viewing and editing a password policy, the module doesn't sufficiently filter the form text field input and display for the "Password Expiration Warning" field.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "Administer policies" to create and edit password policies.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Password policy 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.5.
- Password policy 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Password policy module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Password policy module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Password policy 6.x-1.6
- If you use the Password policy 1.x module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Password policy 7.x-1.5
Also see the Password policy project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.