- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-072
- Project: Node View Permissions (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-August-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The Node View Permissions module adds permissions "View own content" and "View any content" for each content type on the permissions page.
However, it only implements hook_node_access() and not hook_query_alter(), which means any listing of nodes does not respect the node view permission.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Node View Permissions 7.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Node View Permissions module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Node View Permissions module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Node View Permissions 7.x-1.2
Also see the Node View Permissions project page.
- hoter the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.