- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-035
- Project: Booktree (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009-June-10
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Booktree takes as input a series of Book nodes and create a tree-like structure using Book node relationships.The Booktree module does not properly escape node title and node body on tree root pages. A user with privileges to create book pages could attempt a cross site scripting (XSS) attack which may lead to the user gaining full administrative access.
- Booktree for Drupal 5.x prior to Booktree 5.x-7.3
- Booktree for Drupal 6.x prior to Booktree 6.x-1.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Booktree module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Booktree for Drupal 5.x upgrade to Booktree 5.x-7.3
- If you use Booktree for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Booktree 6.x-1.1
See also the Booktree project page.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.