Prevent spam before it happens.
This module is currently able to enqueue IP addresses of your visitors. It automatically sends them, 15 at a time, as specified by the documentation of the API it uses, to the webservice of http://www.stopforumspam.com/ in cron.
The result it gets is then evaluated using configurable settings, such as frequency (amount of times a 'hit' is made) and confidence (how confident the webservice is this is a spammer). Whether it is a spammer or hammer, the result is stored/cached for a configurable amount of time in the database.
The IP addresses get automatically added to the blocklist if safe mode is disabled and they get auto-removed when the status has expired.
Planned features for now:
- Report spammers to the webservice
- From experience, the hook_cron is too slow
- Implement own cron, e.g. run every 5 minutes, configurable
- Send specifiable amount of requests per cron run
If you wish to become a co-maintainer please contact me using the form provided by drupal.org.
- Safe mode - disable autoblocking/autounblocking
- n% chance to be enqueued
- Minimum frequency
- Minimum confidence
- Cache results for n months