When using the Entity Registration module, if you disallow anonymous users from registering then there's no way to show them the register link.
This module addresses the above scenario by creating an additional field formatter called 'Registration Link (ignore access control)'. When using this formatter, the 'register' link will always be shown, regardless of access control.
An example workflow, where this module would be useful, is redirecting anonymous users to the login page when they click the register link:
- User views list of events
- User clicks on event they are interested in
- User clicks the register button
- If they are anonymous then redirect them to the login/register page (using LoginToboggan or similar to handle the redirect)
- redirect user to registration form after the have created an account on the site.
Instructions for Use
When creating a field of type 'registration', an additional formatter type will appear in 'manage display' called 'Registration Link (ignore access control)'. Choosing this formatter will ensure that the 'register' link is always displayed, regardless of access control.
This module was born out of the following issue: https://drupal.org/node/1999758