- Drupal contributions
Architect for large Drupal installations including FastCompany.com and LifetimeTV.com.
Architected and developed the Solr search components for Drupal.org including sitewide search, module search pages, and theme search pages amongst others as part of the Drupal.org redesign in 2010.
I am the CTO of Achieve Internet, and run a team of engineers to develop Drupal on a daily basis. I am the author and/or co-maintainer of a handful of Drupal modules, and push my team to contribute their time and energy toward making Drupal better.
Patching, developing, enhancing...I help Drupal in any way I can.
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Site builder, Developer, Themer, Project Manager
- I contributed Drupal patches
- I contributed Drupal modules
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I contributed Drupal documentation
- I contributed Drupal automated tests
- I help in the Drupal support forums
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I attended DrupalCon San Francisco 2010
- I attended DrupalCon Denver 2012
- I attended DrupalCon Boston 2008
- I attended DrupalCon Barcelona 2007
- I attended DrupalCon DC 2009
- Full name
- William O'Connor
- First or given name
- Last name or surname
- Languages spoken
- My website
- Drupal, Volleyball, Open Source Software, Ajax, PHP
- United States
- IRC nick
- LinkedIn profile
- Twitter url
CTO of Achieve Internet. I graduated from UCSD with a BS in Computer Science in 2004, started on the web in 2005, and began working with Drupal full-time in 2006.
I architected the LifetimeTV and FastCompany.com sites and led a team in implementation of both deployments on Drupal. I developed the architecture and handled implementation of Drupal.org's search components as part of the redesign effort in 2010 including - but not limited to - the sitewide search, modules search, and themes search. I'm interested in virtually everything with regards to Drupal, but spend most of my time focusing on performance, search (predominately Solr), deployment, and integration.
On the personal side, I'm a ex-collegiate volleyball player living in beautiful and sunny San Diego. I've got a beautiful wife and a wonderful new daughter (Avery) that consume most of my non-professional life. I'm easy-going, friendly, and a steadfast believer in doing things well - if you ever need help, or have questions, feel free to reach out and I'll do what I can to be of service.
- Member for
- 7 years 10 months
- 1 edit
- Drupal.org customizations (53 commits)
- SimpleFeed (31 commits)
- Drupal.org cross-site customizations (22 commits)
- Ajaxify Regions (15 commits)
- Wordfilter (14 commits)
- Eloqua (8 commits)
- Media: Webcam (8 commits)
- Views Media Browser (5 commits)
- Media Update (5 commits)
- Example App (5 commits)
- Project ApacheSolr integration (4 commits)
- Apachesolr Url Switch (3 commits)
- Singly (1 commit)
- Assetfield (1 commit)
- stickynote (1 commit)
- Total: 176 commits