At long last, an official 6.x-1.0 release. ;) Huge thanks to ezra-g for stepping in as a co-maintainer and doing a flurry of activity to clean up the DRUPAL-6--1 branch in preparation for this release!
One of the biggest changes since signup 6.x-1.0-rc6 is that Views is now a required dependency. If you don't already have views enabled, you will need to install and enable views before upgrading to this release. Due to a bug in core that was never fixed for D6 you will not be able to enable views from the admin/build/modules UI once you install signup 6.x-1.0.
Bugs fixed since version 6.x-1.0-rc6
- #597808 by dww: Signup limits were ignored unless the signup_status module is enabled (broken in rc6 by #581652).
- #370397 by wesley_2mpact and ezra-g: All anonymous signups cancelled when any user is deleted
- #676276 by keystr0k and ezra-g: Signup not closed when limit reached
- #605594 by markus_petrux and ezra-g: node_load() during signup's node_save() breaks node data cached by CCK
- #719188 by ezra-g: Admins should be able to sign up users regardless of their permissions
- #633636 by Magnus: Untranslatable strings in date.inc
- #550036 by iva2k: PHP warnings for node without date value
- #865108 by dooug: Minor typo - Views integration signup.theme -> views/signup_form.inc
- #858592 by maker, greggles: Signup Administration Page Error with Postgres
Other changes since version 6.x-1.0-rc6
- #582986 by dww and ezra-g: Made views a required dependency and ditch non-views code
- #1016134 by dww: Removed signup translations from CVS. Use localize.drupal.org.
- #658214 by Dave Reid: Added vertical tabs support.
- #856604 by ezra-g, jenlampton, jm.federico, coltrane: Made event signups visible on user registration form
- #226204 by dww: Exposed the numeric signup ID (unique site-wide) as a token.
- #656250 by Peter Bex, maverick14: Add SID field Views and Views token integration
- #594686 by dww: Split all default views into their own separate files.
- #592202 by dww: Added a pager and increased items per page on default views.
- #696010 by ezra-g: Alterable signup confirmation drupal_set_message()
- #856810 by ezra-g: Option to return array from theme_signup_user_form()
- #670944 by mlsamuelson: Provided a means to reset node_load()'s static node caching when calling signup_sign_up_user()
- #341920 by dww, Eirik_R and ezra-g: Removed work-arounds for DateAPI limitations now taht new official releases of DateAPI are out