Changes since 7.x-1.0-beta1:
- #1293956 follow-up: Fix repository getSynchronizerOptions method.
An important bugfix related with the new option for reposync plugins to store tag/commit relations optionally.
a.k.a. let's fix the tests for backends implementing it.
Changes since 7.x-1.0-alpha1:
- #1293956: Added an option for reposync plugins to store tag/commit relations optionally.
- Set the not nested save option on repository locking operations.
- Better handling of default webviewer_url_handler on admin form.
- Show an error if needed on fetch failure via ui.
- #1880258 by jh3: Fixed Undefined index: places in versioncontrol_handler_field_item_revision_visual_diffstat()->render().
- #1020220 by marvil07, cvangysel: Reintroduced token integration.
- #723962 by tizzo, marvil07: Code standards review.
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta7:
- Let simpletest execute the right hook_boot(dbtng) on its setUp.
- #723962 by tizzo, marvil07: Code standards review.
- Only fire code arrival hook when synchronization was successful.
The initial release for D7.
These are the main changes since the branch point not mentioned on other D6 release:Read more
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta6:
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta5:Read more
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta4:
- #1001480 follow-up by marvil07 | hoesi: Let pseudo-empty non-array values to be attached to the controller query.
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta3:
- #1001480 by hoesi: Fixed Prevent empty values to be attached to the controller query.
- Follow theme functions moving.
- Fix typo on repository sync() log related code.
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta2:Read more
Fixes, documentation update and new drush command for queue code arrivals.
Changes since 6.x-2.0-beta1:Read more
Porting to D7 in progress.
Changes since 6.x-2.0-alpha2 (68 commits):Read more
Some API changes, lots of bug fixes, some improvements on tests and better default views.
Some relevant commits:
- d5a37f4 task #970244: Create a views handler to map operation author/committer to their drupal user
- 498eba2 Issue #999564: Created a views handler for the item revision 'action' field, and updated the default view with it.
- 64a2a8b Issue #999652: Reorganize VCAPI's menu structure so it's no longer Project*-centric.
- 8ca277b Issue #1010398: Create a drush command to run repo log fetching.
- e39b8c9 Add a new drush command for updating operation author/committer mappings.
- dc843dc Issue #979066 by mikey_p, sarah_p: Add a visual diffstat views field.
- 8cec713 Issue #983926 by marvil07, sdboyer: Remove VersioncontrolAccount class, and many other account-related pieces that simply will not be ready for release.
- 5e67645 task #723958: Remove ArrayAccess dependency everywhere.
- 87ba390 Issue #1016504: Batch repository synchronization drush command.
Initial release of the massive, massive refactor that has gone on as part of Drupal's migration to git. There's still some housecleaning to do, and definitely lots of documentation, but we're in more than good enough shape for an alpha.
Latest & greatest of Version Control API.
This release takes care of everything regarding statistics - the last functionality that was inferior to what cvs.module provided, performance-wise. Instead of loading millions of operation arrays just to gather their total number, Version Control API is now able to do all of that with a single SQL query. Yeah, that's a bit more scalable indeed. In addition, it's also more flexible than Version Control API's previous statistics functionality, which is nice for all pieces of code that count operations in any way (including the new maintainers block in the new versioncontrol_project release).
Apart from that, block deltas are now stored as strings instead of integers, which basically just means that you have to run update.php.
Apart from that, no further changes compared to the 6.x-1.0-rc1. The current plan is to have one more release candidate for finishing the cvs.module migration scripts, and then push for 6.x-1.0 to be deployed on drupal.org, replacing cvs.module. All help is appreciated!
There hasn't been a release in a while - partly because of DrupalCon DC business, partly because of other responsibilities, and partly because I wanted to make sure the new versioncontrol_release module in versioncontrol_project can work as intended with the exposed API. As a consequence, a number of API functions have been added or changed since the last beta was released.
In addition to API happenings, there have been visible bits of progress all around:
- Fixed a large number of PHP notices, hopefully all are now gone.
- Fixed prevention of similar VCS usernames being registered.
- #396212 by greggles: Implemented feed autodiscovery for the commit messages page.
- Postgres compatibility fix in the "Most active developers" block.
- #418086: Simple commit filters without HTTP attributes in Commit Log - use paths like "commitlog/repo/1", "commitlog/id/543", "commitlog/uids/1,2,3", etc.
- Show correct VCS account editing form for users when the respective user has multiple accounts registered.
I know I just released the last beta only five days ago, but this one changes the way that the operation query (important for lots of Version Control API code) is constructed, and should therefore get a new release. Also, those changes enable to get rid of a rather serious scalability bottleneck, which is probably also something that you might want to have. And third, the tandem release of versioncontrol_project (6.x-1.0-beta2, which sports the same kind of improvements and a few important bugfixes) depends on the changes in here.
For developers: there's a new hook in there - hook_versioncontrol_operation_constraint_info() - which enables you to add new "native" SQL constraints for the operation query. Also, hook_versioncontrol_alter_operation_constraints() has been renamed to hook_versioncontrol_operation_constraints_alter(), for naming consistency with other alter hooks.
Finally, I think that the feature set desired for an initial 6.x-1.0 release has about been reached, and I'm only keeping this beta in case some API changes are still necessary. Apart from that, this release is probably the nicest version of Version Control API to date. r0xx0rz.
In comparison to beta3, this release contains an assorted share of bug fixes, mainly targeting the commit messages view which should work much better now. Also, the account export page works again for the CVS backend, and the autocomplete callback works too so the project node integration module (now releasing its initial beta for Drupal 6) can again complete usernames in the commit access administration page.
A renamed API function in this release also makes it necessary that you update the SVN backend to 6.x-1.0-beta2 in order to get revisions displaying correctly as "r1234".
Fixing more trivial errors. Oh my. At least there should be no syntax errors in any file now, which means the actual testing can begin. I'd like to test stuff out more by myself, but I need to get other stuff done before I can get back to Version Control API. Also, the link to the non-functional beta1 release notes which explain what you can expect from this 6.x-1.x series in the first place.