Posted by Morbus Iff on September 25, 2007 at 8:30pm
After the recent Wordpress FUD, and the subsequent discussion on the Drupal Development list, the following is suggested:
- update.module should be opt-in - it needs to default to off.
- the default installation profile should offer to enable it.
- check to make sure the d6 upgrade path doesn't enable update.module.
- Write up more stringent documents on drupal and update.module: what they send, why they do, etc?
- Includes these write-ups in the README? And/or a small snippet/pointer in release announcements?