Details from Packtpub.com:
- Stop clicking around administration pages and start issuing commands straight to your Drupal sites.
- Write your own commands, hook in to alter existing ones and extend the toolkit with a long list of contributed modules.
- A practical guide full of examples and step-by-step instructions to start using Drush right from Chapter 1.
Use the hashtag #PacktDrush on Twitter to discuss the book with the author, fellow readers, and Packt.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to install Drush on different systems, and download and install a full Drupal site in seconds.
- Understand Drush’s command structure with options and arguments.
- Discover how to set a site to maintenance mode and other common settings with just one command.
- Back up and restore code, files and databases into one file.
- Learn to write your own Drush commands and name sites by aliases for even shorter commands.
- Manage modules and users, monitor messages and run automated tests.
Drush is a command line interface for Drupal. Most of the tasks for building and maintaining a website are repetitive and involve filling in forms on administration pages. The majority of these tasks can be achieved with a single Drush command, shortening the development and maintenance time of a project drastically.
Drush User’s Guide will allow you to be more productive and efficient in building and maintaining your Drupal sites through the command line. You will learn to install Drush on different platforms, and manage and configure your Drupal site by learning how to use and create Drush commands.
Become a Drush expert by exploring its command toolkit; customizing it to suit your needs, and extending it with contributed modules.
The command line will allow you to download, enable and upgrade Drupal projects in seconds. Back up your files, code and data in one single file, clear the cache, interact with databases, and deploy sites to remote machines – all using simply the command line. Use Drush with your own commands or alter existing ones; and extend the toolkit with a long list of contributed modules.
Drush User’s guide has everything you need to extend your use of the command line to easily build and manage your Drupal sites.
A practical guide full of examples and step-by-step instructions to start using Drush right from chapter 1.
Who this book is for
Drupal developers or themers who understand Drupal administration’s basic concepts. Drush can make building any kind of website quicker and easier, no matter if it is a development environment, beta, a simple blog or a complex system.