The current language settings for node types has some limitations. The site builder wants to choose what happens when a content type has multilingual or not.
The language options when adding a node are:
- Site default language
- Page language
- Default value
- User language (#40)
When configuring a content type it should be possible to set a default for and allow to pin the language option.
Image taken from #88
How to test
- Enable Content translation module
- Visit content type config page, e.g.
- Select 'Language settings' tab and set some settings.
- Next create an Article and see whether those settings apply.
- Check the translation tab and add a language.
- Try to translate the Article into the new language.
- Repeat the process to try all of the possible settings.
- ? more steps ?
Review these test cases (#116):
- tests the default initial language
- the default lock language option
- the site's default initial language option
- changing the initial language option
Still needed tests tests:
- update test
- user default initial language
Are there more tests needed?
Use entity_create according to #42.
This issue is not only about node types but should work in the end for all entity types. So we need a list of all related issues here.
User interface changes
Original report by dvinegla
GaborHojtsy clarified: #31 http://drupal.org/node/258785#comment-5602950
In you creates content type without language support, default language is assigned to it.
I think it must be '' (neutral) or FALSE