It would be useful if a website administrator could disable the password strength indicator through the user interface.
Add a checkbox on the Account settings page that enables a website administrator to determine if the password strength indicator is displayed. The password strength indicator would default to 'on'.
(novice) Issue summary needs updating with issue summary template (how to: http://drupal.org/node/1427826) (novice) document steps to test/reproduce (how to: http://drupal.org/node/1468198) (novice) manual testing (how to: http://drupal.org/node/1489010) (novice) before and after screenshot of the config page (novice) before and after screenshot of the account edit page
- (novice) check coding standards and documentation (how to: http://drupal.org/node/1487976)
Writing tests. (how to: http://drupal.org/node/1468170)
Steps to test
- Install Drupal 8.x using the standard profile.
- Apply patch in #72
- Login as admin
- Configuration menu > People > Account settings (
admin/config/people/accounts) Registration and Cancellation fieldset
- Confirm new checkbox "Enable password strength generator" (default off), positioned below existing checkbox "Require e-mail verification when a visitor creates an account."
- My Account > Edit tab (
- Confirm no password strength generator
- Return to Registration and Cancellation and check "Enable password strength generator"
- Click "Save configuration"
- Return to My Account > Edit tab
- Confirm password strength generator is now active
User interface changes
Addition of an 'Enable password strength indicator' on the Account settings page in the 'Registration and cancellation' section.
Original report by adamfeldman