Changes since 6.x-1.1:
* Issue #405348 by skwashd, Docc, shawngo: Node import - User Profile Values not imported.
* Issue #1082700 by Robrecht Jacques: Import Fails to process Image Alt Tag.
* Issue #1079976 by Robrecht Jacques: Scheduler?
* Issue #368728 by stacysimpson: menu support for node_import.
* Issue #930994 by Robrecht Jacques: 'Remember' file options in step 3 of 8.
* Issue #578270 by Robrecht Jacques: Streamline File Upload.
* by Robrecht Jacques: Better autodetect of file options (using previously used options).
* Issue #1121524 by Bloodcarver: Act just before deletion of task.
* Issue #422322 by hovel, sirkitree: Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference...
* Issue #1130860 by Robrecht Jacques: Conflict with Node Form Settings module.
* Issue #1709996 by underq : Strick warning : Only variables should be passed by reference (line 1565).
Changes in 6.x-1.1:
- Issue #267555: i18n support on node import by mvc, Robrecht Jacques: Added support for core locale module.
- Issue #1080912: Call-time pass-by-reference by Robrecht Jacques: Fixed call-time pass-by-reference.
- Issue #434572: Add support for content_taxonomy by rconstantine: Added support for content_taxonomy.
- The module now depends on Advanced help.
- #359488 by uniqueculture : support for Profile module.
- #354077 by robrechtj : support for Location module.
- by robrechtj : support for CCK Email field.
- by robrechtj : support for CCK FileField module.
- #374352 by robrechtj : support for CCK ImageField module.
- #381400 by robrechtj : support for CCK Link module.
- #366271 by robrechtj : support for CCK Node reference.
- by robrechtj : support for CCK Number module.
- by robrechtj : support for CCK Text module.
- by robrechtj : support for CCK User reference module.
- #352446 by obsidiandesign : need to include date_api_elements.inc
- #368162 by dman : E_STRICT warnings fixed.
- #370047 by robrechtj : avoid doing an explode() with empty separators.
- #354077 by robrechtj : file options are not correctly stored.
NO SUPPORT FOR ANY CONTRIB MODULE YET. NO SUPPORT FOR CCK YET!
- by robrechtj : lookup node by path
- by robrechtj : documentation improvements.
- #347423 by robrechtj : implemented node_import_check_date(). You will need
to install "Date API" module from http://drupal.org/project/date to parse
dates. Thanks drewmcginty.
Bugfixes and code-cleanups
- #218104 by robrechtj : Safely Impersonating Another User
Moved node_import_check_node() into node_import.inc
- by robrechtj : set #node_import-group automatically
- by robrechtj : preprocess functions return a boolean to tell node_import
whether to continue preprocessing.
NO NEW FEATURES - NO SUPPORT FOR CCK FIELDS OR ANY OTHER CONTRIB MODULE
A typo prevented any import to succeed (the wizard fails before Set default values page).
Changes since DRUPAL-6--1-0-RC1:
- by robrechtj : error in types list of
- by robrechtj : display an clear error when the user does not have the necessary permissions and show the buttons (eg Reload) so the user still sees it is a form.
- by robrechtj : better sorting of the content types.
- #344663 by robrechtj : add sample data on mapping page as well.
- by robrechtj : get rid of
hook_node_import_static()and call it
hook_node_import_values()instead. All node_import hooks pair up beautiful with an
- #346020 by robrechtj : typo fix which prevented the Set default values page to be displayed. Thanks biohabit!
This is the first public release of the port of node_import to Drupal 6.
- Importing nodes:
- comment (comment setting),
- node (title, body, format, authored by, authored on, workflow settings),
- path (url settings),
- taxonomy (assign terms to a node).
- Importing users:
- user (name, mail, pass, status).
- Importing vocabularies:
- taxonomy (name, description, help, multiple, required, tags, hierarchy).
- Importing terms:
- taxonomy (name, description, parent, relation, synonym, weight).
What does not work?
ALL OTHER THINGS do not work!
- No books
- No forums
- No menu
- No polls
- No profile fields for users
- No upload (attachments)
- NONE of the contrib modules such as CCK or Location
How to help?
Try it and report back.
- #330806 : CCK text field & publishing options fail to import, thanks diego.paroni!
Port of node_import to DRUPAL6.
This version of the module is considered unstable and may not work from time to time. Use officially released versions instead.
Bugfixes related to CCK
Support for CCK fields has been greatly improved, fixing following issues:
- #294315 : Empty nodereference fields are matched to nodes with numeric titles., thanks a_c_m.
- #227681 : Date 2 API breaks node imports with dates, thanks JohnAlbin, BrianJubal and mvc.
- #156025 : Linked nodes not displayed on preview
- #147389 : cck format field ignored
- #162840 : CCK (URL field) link title doesn't import properly until each individual node is opened and saved one at a time
- #168919 : Importing into a multiple select field
- #200741 : Check boxes/radio buttons
- #273423 : Option widget "allowed values" validation, thanks tokimeki.
- #236722 : Not able to import to CCK "node reference" fields
Improved reading of CSV files
The replacement for the fgetcsv PHP function has been improved to handle more "errors" in the CSV files:Read more
Some CSV parsing fixes:
- #244367 : Assign node uid with user email. To identify the author of a node, you can now use the UID, the name or the email of a user in the "Authored by" column of your CSV file.
- #243932 : Allow customizing of field and text delimiters. Thanks incrn8!
- #247029 : New hook for "node import complete". Thanks JohnAlbin!
- Fixed a number of issues with the CSV parser. Should fix:
- #238679 : Node Import code review patch. Thanks oliveyrc!
- Broken link to "administer > content management > content" page. Thanks JohnAlbin.
- Call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated. Thanks JohnAlbin.
- Tokens need to be flushed in auto_nodetitle.inc. Thanks Lynn.
- non-ascii character problem. Thanks ray007.
- importing optional location coordinates is broken. Thanks ray007.
- error when importing to node type with taxonomy or location fields. Thanks boaz_r.
- event.inc should be including from date timezone API. Thanks mvc.
- Change to field name in dropdown.
- fatal error on php5.
Added support for image module.
- You need to upload the images to
files/imagesbefore doing the import.
- The content of the column you map to Image: Image must be the filename relative to
- Import a CSV file like:
"The title", "The body", "image1.jpg"
- Map the Title column to the Title field, the Body column to the Body field and the Image column to the Image: Image field.
The image_gallery module is supported as well because it works with taxonomy module. This means that you can create image galleries by importing a CSV file like:
"The title", "The body", "image1.jpg","The gallery"
Here you would map the Image gallery column to the Taxonomy: Image galleries field.
Just like with taxonomy terms, you can assign a default image gallery in the options or let Drupal create non-existing image galleries on the fly (select Add non-existing terms to the vocabulary).
- #226160 : support for Automatic Nodetitles module, thanks Chris Bray,
- Support for upload module - currently only one file attachment is supported, it is always listed and you need to upload the attachment file to the files/ directory before doing the import.
- #149439 : Numeric Taxonomy not functioning. thanks to rhys,
- #148383 : Import node type event is not listed in the wizard; raw data import not working either. (removed "raw input" functionality + made sure all content types are listed),
- implementation of
- fixed wrong link to wizard page.
First release of node_import for 5.x. Thanks a million to sun for porting it!
There may still be some issues remaining. Use with care.
Development snapshot of node_import for Drupal 5.x. Use with care, not all functionality is fully tested!