Adaptivetheme Mobile is a subtheme for Adaptivetheme. It is designed purely to build Drupal mobile themes for mobile web devices (for mobile websites).
It strips out many of the additional regions from the standard Adaptivetheme subtheme which are not needed for mobile sites. It also adds new layouts and a new theme setting for Access Keys for primary and secondary links.
A short list of features
- Access Keys for Primary and Secondary links - Access keys can aid mobile device navigation
- Simplified page.tpl.php
- Skip links for Main content, Search and Primary links (can be hidden with a theme setting)
- 3 simple layouts to choose from in theme settings - suitable for small screen mobile devices
- Support for iPhone's apple-touch-icon
- Prints mobile metatags - HandheldFriendly and viewport
- Full power of Adaptivethemes theme settings and other features
The development cycle on this subtheme is going to be very short, the main features are in place and I don't envision them changing much.
To take maximum advantage you should use the latest DEV version of the Adaptivetheme base theme.
Useful Modules for Mobile Development
We built this theme because recently we've had a big run of clients asking for a mobile version of their website - naturally this lead us to look closely at what is available for building mobile websites in Drupal.
First and foremost take a look at Domain Access and its associated modules - for us these modules have become the foundation of our approach to mobile websites.
The other module worth looking at is Mobile Tools. For a different approach and perhaps a more simple approach this is definitely worth a look. It has some cool tools for setting up Panel Panes for advanced mobile browsers like iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Opera Mini.
We also use the Browscap module with Mobile Tools to automatically redirect users depending on their browser - this provides automatic detection for mobile browsers and redirects them to the mobile version of the site, and vice versa.
Other Sites and Tools
Mobiforge is a great resource and has everything you need to know about mobile websites.
iPhone simulator - a great little desktop ap for testing your site in iPhone, without needing an iPhone!
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Reported installs: 107 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,285
- Last modified: December 31, 2009