This module has been moved to http://drupal.org/project/apachesolr_file
The dependence of media module is removed.
apachesolr_file is based on the file_entity 7.x-2.x and APIs of Apache Solr (Which made the file parsing slow on performance, but easy to deploy.
- Indexes media files as separate searchable documents in Solr.
- Indexes all fields attached to the Media File Entities.
- Integrates with the Media Translation module to allow filtering media files by language.
Version 2 Features
- Update to support Media 2.x and use the File Entity module (http://drupal.org/project/file_entity)
- Support indexing the content of files such as PDFs, Word Documents, etc. Check http://tika.apache.org/1.0/formats.html
- Separated file index from Apachesolr default node index
- Content in fields are not indexable yet.
- facet api will be added soon.
7.x-2.x How to:
You need to use a patch here (http://drupal.org/node/1421130#comment-5537468) to Apachesolr module first to enable ExtractingRequestHandler.
The 1.x branch of the Apache Solr Media module targets version 1.x of the Media module. This branch is mostly in bug fix mode while all new development is occurring on the 2.x branch.
The 2.x branch targets version 2.x of the Media module. This is where all of the current active development is occurring and where all new features will be implements.
Version 1 was developed by Achieve Internet for Hunter Industries.