Screencasts / Blog posts
- Learning Tools Interoperability in Drupal! (and why you should care) - Detailed walkthrough of how these system are all working together
- Getting out of the LMS - Diagrams and philosophy posting about the nature of extending the LMS to get out of it.
- All posts tagged "CIS" on drupal.psu.edu
This distribution assembles a base line of modules, themes, libraries and tools for the creation and management of a course information system in Drupal.
- Data visualization tools provided by Google Chart Tools
- Data import provided by Feeds
- User management tools for distributing the course creation and setup process
- Ability to manage and create remote drupal sites of different distribution types (see http://pastebin.com/YHAj7dN1 for file pattern example)
- Ability to connect to and manage LTI requests for creation of consistent data as to who requested what, as well as passing students to the correct system based on the request
- Ability to extend the traditional 1-tool LMS into a suite of tools, drupal based (or non if you really know what your doing) ecosystem. ELMS: CIS is the bridge for building a larger, interconnected, data driven systems
Designed to communicate with ELMS: CLE Distribution and ELMS: MOOC Distributions though it has the ability to talk to any Drupal distribution that's utilizing the ELMS: CIS Connector and related modules.