Part of the Debut features set, Debut Highlighted provides a highlighted content type and views slideshow (slider) suitable for display on a site home page.
Like all Debut features, Debut Highlighted can be integrated either as a stand-alone feature to quickly add slideshow functionality to any Drupal site or as part of a Drupal distribution. Debut Highlighted is used in the Open Outreach Drupal distribution aimed at nonprofits.
You have three options for installing Debut Highlighted:
- Install Apps and the Debut Apps connector module and install Debut Highlighted as an app. The apps system utilized by Debut Apps uses the same installation mechanism as the Update module in core. Apps will download all the required modules, making it an easy way to install Debut Highlighted.
- Debut Highlighted is used in the Open Outreach Drupal distribution aimed at nonprofits, so you can install it as part of Open Outreach.
- Install manually along with the dependencies listed below.
- Highlighted content type with accompanying image field.
- Highlighted view with slideshow-style block displays using Views Slideshow.
- Image style presets for displaying slideshow images at two different dimensions.
- Styling of the slideshow.
- User permissions.
Debut Highlighted includes a .make file that can be used with Drush Make to build a site with Debut Highlighted and all its dependencies. To build a site with the current development version of Debut Highlighted, include the following line in your .make file:
includes[debut_highlighted] = "http://drupalcode.org/project/debut_highlighted.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/7.x-1.x:/debut_highlighted.make.inc"
Initial development sponsored by Chocolate Lily.