Allows entity types to define operations, such as 'view' and 'edit', from handlers provided by this module. Operations are rendered as tabs on the entity. This allows very quick building of a UI for working with a custom entity type.
The conceptual gist is that instead of defining at which path output is available (with hook_menu()), you merely define where it goes on a subpath below an entity. The framework does the rest. That means that the same output can be reused for different entities more easily.
In addition to being rendered as tabs, operations can also be:
- exposed to Views Bulk Operations
- exposed to Services as targeted actions on entities
- added to Views as links to the operation tab
- shown as forms on the entity view page
Each operation has its own handler class that takes care of either the page callback or the form builder. This module includes operation handlers for:
- The basic entity operations: View, Edit, Add, Delete.
- Publish and Unpublish actions.
- Entity, entity metadata, and tokens devel output.
- Showing output from a view. This works the same way as EVA.
- Organic Groups group membership management.
Further handlers can be created for an entity type's specific needs.