Node Access Relation allows content access permissions to be set for users on content referenced via a relation.
You need Node Access Relation if...
- You use or plan on using the Relation module and want to grant users access to view/edit/delete content based on their relations.
- You find Drupal roles too broad but per-node access controls too much to manage
- Enable the relation and node_access_relation modules.
- Create a new Relation Type.
- Check 'Directional Relation' to set access controls.
- Set the Source Bundle as a user and the Target Bundle as a node type.
- Set the node access permissions for the target node bundle as desired and save the relation type.
- Source users or users with access to the source node type should now have access to target node bundles based on the node access permissions.
- Additional linked relations where the target node bundle used above is the source can now be created with permissions inherited through node_access_relation.
For detailed instructions on using Relation see:
- Grants are currently set per Relation Type and are not customizable per individual relation entity. See #1594996: Allow editing of permission grants on individual relations
For a list of node access modules see http://drupal.org/node/270000
Creation of this module was sponsored by Proton Radio