OpenG - Drupal Theming Simplicity
OpenG (Open Grid) is a Drupal base or starter theme that serves as Lego for your creativity. The grid based theme, loads content first and allows designers to easily configure a layout based on either a fixed 960px or liquid grid divided into 12, 16 or 24 columns. Easily manipulate the layout via the browser to match the design and configure the grid through the theme settings page without touching code.
Update Status: http://drupal.org/node/1102816
OpenG aims to serve:
- Drupal users of all levels who want to develop a custom theme for their Drupal project
- Designers who want to transition to grid based theming and work-flow
- Drupal shops who are looking for a powerful foundation theme to build sites on
- Theming and CSS newbies - OpenG saves the hassle of tinkering with layout related CSS allowing the themer to focus on usability and aesthetics by customizing skins for predefined and tested layouts
- Clean, simple and well commented CSS
- 12/16/24 column 960 fixed or fluid (based on percentages) grid
- Four pre-configured layouts: first, second, both or no sidebars active
- Push/Pull system via grid settings, allowing content to appear before navigation elements
- 9 Regions (header, footer, content top/bottom, main content, two sidebars - and content prefix/suffix).
- Superfish dropdown menus support for primary links
- Assignment of CSS classes to regions via the theme settings form to override theme CSS and provide "skinning" functionality, similar to the skinr module
- set independent "containers" for each region allowing stretched backgrounds not limited to the grid.
- Front page specific grid settings for custom layout
- Companion module to dynamically adjust the grid by region and block using jquery - opengrid_ui
- Example sub-theme to start building a custom theme on
- Sub-sub theme functionality
- Built-in back to top link
- Customize comment output via theme settings
- Customize breadcrumb output via theme settings
- Floating form buttons for easy submissions (toggle on/off in theme settings)
- Theme development widgets
- Several additional utilities via theme settings
- D7 usability back-ports
The default base theme is clean and coherent, providing an uncluttered interface for developing the sites information architecture and navigation. The theme may be used as a foundation for developing all types of sites from blogs to community and corporate.
Drupal starter theme
Drupal foundation theme
Drupal base theme
Drupal grid base theme