If you find any flaws, please submit an issue. Help me fix them if you can.
Academica originally developed for Wordpress and published on Smashing Magazine, was ported to Drupal using OpenG as base theme.
The theme was developed for Educational and Non-Profit organizations as there are not that large a variety of quality free themes in this high demand sector.
The main features of the theme were mostly reproduced using features that exists by default in the OpenG base theme, but others were created specially for this case.
Front Page Slide-show:
Jquery Cycle plug-in was use to achieve the slide-show. It is a great plug-in with several options for effects.
Images must be saved in the slide-show folder, that is placed inside the images folder of the theme, finally from the theme settings page is possible to configure:
- Enabled or Disabled the slide-show box
- List which images to show
- Settings for the size of the slide-show box.
Main Navigation Drop-down:
- This is activated by default in the theme.
- Remember to set as expandable the items of the main navigation from the menu settings page.
- To reproduce original theme behavior, the comment forms must be shown in the same page of the post.
Header Search form:
- The Search module must be enabled
- The Search form block must be enabled and placed in the header region.
- The Social box must be enabled from the theme settings page
- Use the text-fields to load links to social sites.