The Quiz module provides tools for authoring and administering quizzes through Drupal. A quiz is given as a series of questions, with only one question appearing per page. Scores are then stored in the database.
This module provides tools for
- Online courses (Audio and Video enabled)
- Self-learning programs
- Training programs
- Supplementary classroom activites
- Multiple Choice
- Drag and drop(with lines)
- Question Direction
- True or False
- Short Answers
- Long Answers
Quiz has tons of features. Try out the module to see them all! Here are some of the features:
- jQuery-based timer
- Complete Views 2 Integration
- Results Reporting
- Questions can be reused in several quizzes
- Drag and Drop sorting of questions
- API to ease creation of new question types
- Weighting of questions and answers
- Many feedback options
Checkout wiki page - Quiz affiliated Modules to see the list of modules that extends quiz.
Currently Quiz has only been tested to work with MySQL. If anyone wants to make sure quiz works with other databases, pgsql especially, please contact Falcon.
The main developers working on Quiz 4 are sivaji and falcon. Many users have contributed lots of feature requests and bug reports. Previous maintainers also deserves a lot of credits! Join the Quiz group at http://groups.drupal.org/quiz to get involved!
Quiz is currently beeing sponsored by:
The e-learning company Amendor
The Norwegian Centre for ICT in Education
Norwegian Centre for Integrated Care and Telemedicine
Quiz development is currently lead by Amendor. If you want us to customize the Quiz module for you, contact falcon. We also provide specialist consulting services in Drupal, and specialize in using Drupal in an e-learning context.
For professional support and development services you may also contact KnackForge.
Update instructions for Quiz 4
- This update will make huge changes to your database. Be sure to follow Drupals general update instructions, and backup your database before you start updating Quiz.
- Before updating from Quiz 3 to Quiz 4 make sure that the module Quiz Question and the module Autoload are installed and enabled.
- It is also important that you delete the old Quiz folder before adding the new one. If you paste the new files into the old folder errors will occur!
- Note that the update might take a very long time and it might seem to be hanging. The update process might take hours if you have many questions and results stored on a slow server.
- If you have customized the themes for Quiz 3 you will have to update your custom theme functions and templates for Quiz 4.
- If you are using the import and export features you need to download the Quiz EI project.
Note: Quiz 3.5 is not supported anymore. Quiz 4 is the only supported version of quiz.