The VerticalResponse module allows users to sign-up or subscribe to a VerticalResponse mailing list from a drupal node. The module also allows administrators to generate VerticalResponse e-mail newsletter campaigns using Drupal and the Basic E-news module.
- Administrators can associate any single node with any number of VerticalResponse mailing lists.
- The VerticalResponse module now includes a "campaign manager," which allows administrators to create and launch VerticalResponse e-mail campaigns from within Drupal.
- Administrators can allow users to subscribe to mailing lists during the registration process.
- Allows admins to map user properties to merge fields using a view.
- Administrators can segment lists in Drupal.
- The VR module depends on the VerticalResponse API, so it must be enabled for your account.
- If you already have a VR account you should fill out this form to request API access for your account.
- If you do not already have a VerticalResponse account, you can sign up for an API-enabled account here.
- Download and install VerticalResponse module (see: Installing contributed modules).
- [optional but highly recommended]: Download and install Basic E-news and follow the setup instructions.
- Configure VerticalResponse module at http://example.com/admin/settings/vr
Allow users to opt-in to a VerticalResponse mailing list.
- Create a content type with which you want to describe your mailing list, or select a content type that already exists.
- Edit the content type selected in the previous step, and add a "VerticalResponse" field using CCK.
- Set the number of fields to allow users to sign up for more than one list at a time.
- Create a node of the selected content type, and select which list/lists you would like to enable for signup.
Allow users to opt-in to VerticalResponse mailing lists during user registration
- Enable the included "VerticalResponse User Registration" module
- Configure "VerticalResponse User Registration" module at http://example.com/admin/settings/vr/vr_register.
Create and Launch a VerticalResponse e-mail newsletter campaign.
- Download and install the Basic E-news module.
- Create a newsletter content type
- Enable the included "VerticalResponse Campaign Manager" module.
- Configure the "VerticalResponse Campaign Manager" module at: http://example.com/admin/settings/vr.
- Create a "newsletter" node using the node type from step 2.
- Click the "Newsletter" tab for VerticalResponse Campaign options.
There is a silent and brief screencast that demonstates some of the VerticalResponse module's features.
VerticalResponse module development is sponsored by Message Agency.