I am trying to create a path alias for "civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=4"

I have tried escaping the characters without result. It seems like the alias works all the way up the the "?" then basically doesn't pass any of the arguments past the "?".

I am thinking this might be related to clean URLs and .htaccess doing something to the question mark. I am not a programmer, but more that willing to test and debug if provided a little direction.

Can anyone give me any hints on creating a path alias for "civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=4"

Comments

revival’s picture

subscribing

yopyop’s picture

same issue here

steve.colson’s picture

As you have probably found, Drupal and CiviCRM do things a bit differently, but there is a good workaround. In the path alias admin page, replace:
civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=4

with:
civicrm/contribute/transact/reset=1/id=4

Drupal will then process the path alias properly.

EDIT: Due to another issue with civicrm, if you do not append ?id=4 (or whatever id) to your alias, it will not work for people who have not already viewed a contribution page outside of an aliased one. Summary: you can shorten the url, but you probably still need the id in there, at least for now.

cosmicdreams’s picture

I suppose there are other places where this information is available, but this was the only place that I was able to find. Thank you so much as I was almost about to give up on getting this to work.