Any thoughts for a Newbie?

Comments

cog.rusty’s picture

Is it?

Seriously now, we would have to learn about Scoop first. Give us something to compare with. What can Scoop do?

Max Bell’s picture

Which is nothing against Kos, per se, but rather than the only time comparisons between Drupal and Scoop come up seems to be when someone is contemplating cloning DailyKos. ;)

If you've ever read Neal Stephenson's essay, In the Beginning...was the Command Line, his analogy comparing the oil leaking, hulking boat that was Windows 95 to the M1 Abrams tank that is Linux is an apt analogy for the differences between Scoop and Drupal. http://www.cmsmatrix.org will allow you to create a semi-direct comparison between them (or any other CMS), although some of the features mentioned will be subject to change shortly pending the release of Drupal 5.

cog.rusty’s picture

Damn my ignorance of American cultural phenomena. At least I knew of Neal Stephenson. It's a beginning. :)

nickaster’s picture

Not planning to clone Kos! Just bring TreeHugger to the next level. I can't even get Drupal to install so I thought I'd look around a bit. Thanks!

www.triplepundit.com
www.treehugger.com

StevenPatz’s picture

Both are suited well for what they do. If you are having trouble installing Drupal, Scoop won't any simpler, as it uses mod_perl.