I just installed a new Drupal 5.1 site, as a test site, and it has almost no content, but it does have a few modules I'm testing out.

I have run into a problem though, where there's some kind of bug with creating content.

Creating stories, pages, or forum posts are working fine, but nothing else seems to be.

When I try to create a blog post, or a group, or any custom node type, instead of allowing me to create it, it will automatically jump back to the create content page, only this time it will be a page with only stories, pages, and forum posts as options. I'm not sure what's wrong, and without some advice, I'm completely over my head at this point.

Comments

jastraat’s picture

If you enabled the blog module since you last updated user permissions, no roles will have access to the new permissions that the newly enabled module provides (i.e. create blog post). That would be true of new content types as well. Worth checking. *smile

------------------------------
http://fraggles.artsci.wustl.edu (Drupal user documentation and development blog)

gopher’s picture

You may have an access control problem. Go to admin > user management > access control and make sure whatever user role you're using has access to post new content.

Octavian’s picture

The above mentioned suggestions were not the root of the issue. It turned out to be a conflict with an access manager module. It appears that those don't always seem to work properly. Almost every problem I've had so far has been fixed when I started uninstalling modules.

Unfortunately, I was really hoping to use those modules, so now I don't know what I'm supposed to do, but at least it's running.