Hello, Community!

I'm using Drupal for website building for a little while and all the servers I've once used haven't run into the problem now I'm stuck at.

While installing the Drupal 5.x in this new server, I had a problem to import a translation file! I've created the "portuguese BR" language easily but when it comes to importing the core translation file (I guess it'd happen to whatever file I try to upload) it shows me an error message:

* warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/tmp_SsvlJs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www/datacenter/conexaocontabil.com.br/) in /home/www/datacenter/conexaocontabil.com.br/site/noticias/includes/file.inc on line 240.
* The translation import failed, because the file could not be read.
* The translation import of failed.

I'm stuck at that point and I guess I'd have to change the allowed directories list but I have no clue where this setting may be changed.

Regards,
Raphael!

Comments

karna’s picture

Hi,

Go to Home > Administer > Site Configuration > File System

There you see a field called Temporary directory

It is probably set to /tmp, which you do not have write rights to. You should change this to something like files/tmp (without the '/', thus local to your drupal installation.

Make sure this directory exists and is writeable by everybody.

This should solve your problem..

--------
F.J. Jungen
www.boria.nl

raphaeltsr’s picture

Yes, I solved it somehow. I logged on my ftp to check my tmp folder permissions and it was only set 0755 instead of 0777. That solved it! =)

Thank you very much!

seutje’s picture

lol, thank u so much for that, I just noticed that on my remote site deployment, I never changed the temp folder and it was still on c:\xampp\tmp

god I feel stupid

damn, that went so easy now
I was almost gonna import it on my local webhost an redeploy it all :x