Hello I have a drupal website using PHP 4.4.7 and Drupal 4.7.6.
My ISP is migrating all it's accounts to PHP 5. Do I need to upgrade to a new version of Drupal?
Or will it just work?

Comments

cog.rusty’s picture

Drupal 4.7.6 works fine with PHP 5, no problem.

However some of your additional modules may have a problem. That depends on each module.

patrickface’s picture

Thank you for the help!!!

Is there an easy way to find out the version number for each of the installed modules? I looked under administer -> modules but this only displays the enabled modules.

cog.rusty’s picture

For Drupal 4.7... I think the release number of a module can't be found anywhere in a module's package. The release system was still a bit primitive at the time of Drupal 4.7.

But even if you found the release number of a module, that doesn't say anything about PHP5 compatibility. It is completely up to the developer of the module.

patrickface’s picture

Hello is there a way to determine which additional modules have been installed? I didn't install or develop this site. Does Drupal 4.7.6 have a screen listing all third party add-on modules? The administer -> modules screen doesn't tell me which line items are not part of the Drupal 4.7.6 install.

cog.rusty’s picture

In Drupal 4.7 you can just look inside your modules directory. Normally the module files which are inside "modules/modulename" subdirectories (if any) belong to additional modules, while the ones stored raw are core modules.

This has changed in subsequent Drupal versions.

patrickface’s picture

Thank you for taking the time to help me out!
Your input was super valuable!