- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-004
- Project: Date (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-January-11
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: SQL Injection
This module enables you to add and administer date fields to nodes. It includes Date Tools, that allows users to convert nodes created with the Event module into Date fields. The conversion form for Events is vulnerable to SQL injection.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer Date Tools", and the option is only available on sites which have used the Event module in the past and have the Event table in the database.
- Date 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.8.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Date module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Date module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Date 6.x-2.8
See also the Date project page.
- Greg Knaddison, Drupal security team member
- Karen Stevenson, the module maintainer
- Michael Hess, Drupal security team member
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.