Since Entity reference module patch went in the taxonomy reference field, duplicates functionality already provided by entity reference.
Turn existing taxonomy reference fields into entity reference ones and kill taxonomy reference field.
The patch was reviewed by core maintainers and the taxonomy component maintainer, and there is a noticeable UX regression from D7 taxonomy with this patch. See #119 and on.
- this issue is postponed on
- once that is in, then: reroll (just a reroll) http://drupal.org/patch/reroll , then:
- use patch #145 and #147
- fix the dependency
- fix help
- There are several outstanding usability issues that need to be resolved before this can be committed (see #119).
User interface changes
When adding a new term field to an entity type site-builders should select
Entity reference from the field list and not
Term reference, which is a bit harder to figure out initially. See followups for a potential solution
- (for 8.x) is waiting on this
- (waiting on usability testing)
Original report by Amitaibu
That's kind of the whole purpose of:)
Apart of having an upgrade path, Entity-reference should also have the capability to autocreate entities. We can probably take advantage of the EntityWrapper for doing this not only for taxonomy terms.
This is blocked by
Code is developed in