This release of Webform includes several new features. Including an Excel-native exporter that generates true XLSX files for better compatibility with Excel, Google Docs, OpenOffice and LibreOffice, which can all read and write this file format.
This release also increased PHP requirement to PHP 5.3. Make sure you have it available before upgrading. The new Excel exporter depends on this version of PHP, as well as the ZipArchive PHP extension (which is enabled by default in PHP installations).
This release makes several database updates, including rewriting tokens. Tokens that used to be
[submission:values:x:nolabel] are now simply
[submission:values:x]. The suffix :withlabel and just :label have been added to include the label when needed. Make a database backup before upgrading, and be sure to run update.php after upgrading.
This release has several new API changes, which are documented at https://drupal.org/node/1609324.
New Features since 7.x-4.0-alpha9:
- #1140026: Excel-native exporter, fixing new line and UTF-8 importing problems.
- #1216192 by carwin: Add inline label display setting for texatareas.
- #1899316 by Dave Reid: Devel tab integration for webform submissions.
- #1883268 by quicksketch, Stevel: Display rendered submissions in views.
- #2038371: Create a better naming scheme for our tokens [submission:values:x]. Added :label for getting component labels. Added :withlabel for getting a label and value together. Removed :nolabel for accessing value alone.
- #1713106 by quicksketch: Remove 'Show complete form in teaser" and all "teaser" hard-coded options (use view modes instead).
- #1822010 by dbassendine: Disabled option for Numeric field.
- #1833040 by BWPanda: Make Webform body field optional during install.
- #2027747: Add form download options to the class / Convert to PHP5 OOP in export classes.
- #2013523 by PQ, quicksketch: Add an alter hook for component defaults.
- #2039285 by jhedstrom, quicksketch: Allow downloads to be filtered by draft status.
Bug Fixes since 7.x-4.0-alpha9:
- #2028565: The Webform content type should not have comments enabled upon installation.
- #1910656 by yce, quicksketch: Notice: Undefined index: in _webform_client_form_submit_flatten() when cid is empty or null.
- #1087864 by Liam Morland, quicksketch: Trying to get property of non-object in webform_results_submissions(); More efficient submission loading.
- #1897978 by Liam Morland, quicksketch: Emailed %email_values() shows blank for text field when value is submitted as '0'.
- #1819522 by grahamC: Multiple drafts being saved on upload of attachments.
- #2057527: Notice: Undefined index when conditionals are set and first page contains only markup fields.
- #1902506 by jastraat: Notice: Undefined variable: type in _webform_views_options_form() line 465 webform/views/webform.views.inc.
- #1982056 by rooby: The radio button labels in grid elements are not descriptive enough.
- #1662904 by David_Rothstein: Allow unique validation on grid components.
- #1162560 by skilip, quicksketch: Cannot redeclare _webform_components_form_rows().
- #1982042 by rooby: Date & Time fields don't have labels for their individual elements.
- #1869222 by Simon Georges: Remove hook_link() implementation; doesn't exist any more in D7.
- #2035329 by jweowu: Explicitly deny access to uploaded private files, if not permitting access.
- #1613458 by DeFr: Form #states do not affect fieldsets from within $form['submitted"].
- #258696 by berenddeboer, aaron1234nz, mstrelan, Simon Georges, Shawn DeArmond, ben.denham, quicksketch: Multipage form - Page n of n (progress or percentage complete).
- #1337514 by Liam Morland, barraponto: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in select.inc when using Select or Other on multipage forms.
- #2047905 by colemanw: Make component id easily retrievable on components form.
- #2031541 by claar: webform_submission_delete() phpdoc incorrect.
- #1601968 by sah62 and quicksketch: Number step test modulo (fmod) has precision errors with odd float numbers.
- #2021069: "From" field sent in auto response email uses select list keys instead of labels.
- #1890422 by Liam Morland: Drafts are created for anonymous users when they change pages.
- #2045871: Inline textfields select radio button in Firefox, preventing entry of custom e-mail settings.
- #2026891 by Ben Coleman, jweowu: webform_update_7407() causes error with PostgreSQL: operator does not exist: character varying = integer.
- #2053541 by Schnitzel and quicksketch: Allow multiple mail addresses in component email options.
- #1891552 by quicksketch, a-fro: Newly created webform blocks not appearing in blockreference list.