This module allows site builders to set up fine-grained permissions for allowing users to edit and delete other users — more specific than Drupal Core's all-or-nothing 'administer users' permission. It also provides and enforces a 'create users' permission.
To use this module:
- Create a role for the users who you'd like to be able to create/edit/delete other users
- Give that new role the 'administer users' permission and give it the desired Administer Users by Role permissions
If the user-being-edited has multiple roles, the user-doing-the-editing must have permission to edit ALL of the user-being-edited's roles.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Security, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 4,494 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 18,555
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 30, 2013