Back up and restore your Drupal MySQL database and files or migrate a site between environments. Backup and Migrate supports gzip, bzip and zip compression as well as automatic scheduled backups.
With Backup and Migrate you can dump some or all of your database tables to a file download or save to a file on the server or offsite, and to restore from an uploaded or previously saved database dump. You can choose which tables and what data to backup and cache data is excluded by default.
Features (version 2.x)
- Backup/Restore multiple MySQL databases
- Backup to FTP/S3/Email or NodeSquirrel.com
- Drush integration
- Multiple backup schedules
- AES encryption for backups
- Backup your files directory (with the Backup and Migrate Files module)
Modules that enhance Backup and Migrate:
NodeSquirrel Client - Backup to the NodeSquirrel.com offsite drupal backup service.NodeSquirrel is now built in!
- Backup and Migrate Files - Adds the ability to backup your files.
- Backup and Migrate Prune - Manage your scheduled backups by selectively deleting files.
- Backup and Migrate SFTP - Backup to SFTP
- Backup and Migrate Dropbox - Backup to Dropbox
- Backup and Migrate Rackspace Cloudfiles - Backup to Rackspace Cloudfiles
- HPCloud - Backup to HPCloud
- AES Encryption - Encrypt your backup files
Resources and Documentation
- The most complete resource we've seen is the Modules Unraveled Backup and Migrate video series that covers all aspects of configuring and using Backup and Migrate. If you use code GSBAM25 at checkout, you'll get one full month of free access to all of these great videos.
- For a brief overview, Lullabot's introduction to Backup and Migrate is a great resource.
- Daily Dose of Drupal also has a nice intro screencast.
Backup files saved to the server are protected from the public by default by a .htaccess rule which will only work on correctly configured Apache Servers. If you are using a server other than Apache, it is recommended that you do not save backups to the server or that you find another way to protect the backup directory from the public. The module README file contains some advice on securing other servers but please test your configuration or consult an expert if you aren't sure if your server is secure.
The module will attempt to check if the destination directory is publicly readable before writing to it, but users are strongly encouraged to confirm this manually by trying to directly download the backup files with a web browser.
Support Backup and Migrate
This module is developed by Gorton Studios. Ongoing development and improvements are sponsored by NodeSquirrel - Easy Offsite Drupal Backup. If you want an easy way to help improve Backup and Migrate AND - at the same time - an easy way to store your backups off of your site, signup at NodeSquirrel.com today.