The Ban and Unpublish module makes it easier to clean up after registered spammers and other problem users by implementing a bulk operation that appears at Home > Administer > User management > Users.
This module adds a single drop-down option to the list page that performs the following in a single pass:
- Ban the user's email address.
- Ban the username.
- Block the account.
- Kick the user off the server, if active.
- Unpublish any nodes that were published by the user.
- Unpublish any comments that were published by the user
Informative messages are posted in the Drupal watchdog.
Since it is a bulk operation, it can be invoked on a set of users at once.
The operation is available to other user administration modules such as Advanced User, which can be configured to display telltale profile fields. Spammers generally aren't smart enough to fill out addresses properly and often reuse fake data that is easily detected.
The operation is exposed as an option to Views Bulk Operations if the displayed items are users, providing another way to implement administrative tools.
Spammers tend to be repeat offenders if they discover that a site lets them remain active. Swiftly blocking spam accounts is an important step in deterring future spam attacks on your system.
Features currently in CVS
- Bulk removal of bans and blocks. Not exactly an undo, but a help.
- Bulk deletion of accounts and content.