This module provides easy Content Delivery Network integration for Drupal sites. It alters file URLs, so that files are downloaded from a CDN instead of your web server.
It provides two modes: "Origin Pull" and "File Conveyor".
- In Origin Pull mode, only "Origin Pull" CDNs are supported. (These are CDNs that only require you to replace the domain name with another domain name.)
- In File Conveyor mode, this module integrates with File Conveyor, which allows for much more advanced setups (e.g. optimize images, transcode videos, and so on, before syncing to the CDN).
Note: It is essential that you understand the key properties of a CDN, most importantly the differences between an Origin Pull CDN and a Push CDN. A good (and compact!) reference is the “Key Properties of a CDN” article.
The CDN module aims to do only one thing and do it well: altering URLs to point to files on CDNs.
It does as much as possible to make CDN integration frictionless & performant:
- Any sort of CDN mapping! (>=2.0)
- optimal Far Future expiration (>=2.2)
- CORS (>=2.3)
- signed URLs prevent abuse/DoS attacks (>=2.3)
- disabled by default, automatically disabled when in maintenance mode (>=2.4)
- requires a CDN or reverse proxy, not Apache/nginx/lighttpd/…!
- Advanced Help integration to guide you (>=2.2)
- DNS prefetching (>=2.3)
- CSS aggregation (>=2.4)
- auto-balance files over multiple CDNs (>=2.5)
- … and many more details that are taken care of automatically!