As this is the next evolution of Corresponding Node References,
I would like to say thanks for all the work done over on Corresponding Node References. This is almost a direct upgrade from CNR to include handling of entities.
It syncs the entity reference between two entity types which have an entity reference to each other, so double editing entities is no longer needed. If one entity has a reference, the other entity also receives a reference to the saved entity if it is referenced in that entity.
7.x: Entity Reference
Entity type A has an entity reference to entity type B and entity type B has an entity reference to entity type A. When you create entity X of type A and reference it to entity Y of type B entity Y will also receive an update in its entity reference field pointing to entity X.
- To install enable the module at admin/build/modules
- Create entity type A
- Create entity type B
- Create a entity reference field on entity type A pointing to entity B
- Create a entity reference field on entity type B pointing to entity A
- Go to the settings page at admin/config/system/cer. Select to enable the corresponding referencing for these node types pointing to each other.
- Create some entities and reference them to each other
- Upgrade path from CNR is now available in CER's latest (still experimental) branch:
This module has been sponsored by Digital Loom.