#D8CX: I pledge that Color Field will have a full Drupal 8 release on the day that Drupal 8 is released. In fact there is already a Drupal 8 release with limited features.
Color Field is simple field that use a hexadecimal notation (HEX) for the combination of Red, Green, and Blue color values (RGB).
- Plain text HEX code (#FFFFFF)
- Css Declaration (color/background-color)
- Color swatch field formatter
- Tokens/Replacement Pattern in CSS Declaration in Views
- Download the jQuery Simple Color (version 1.0.1)
- Make this module a base that could be used by any color picker.
- include http://www.eyecon.ro/colorpicker/
- include http://www.dematte.at/colorPicker/
- include http://acko.net/blog/farbtastic-jquery-color-picker-plug-in
No specific requirement but you will need the libraries module if you want the use the jQuery simple color widget.
- Place this module directory in your modules folder (this will usually be "sites/all/modules/").
- Enable the module within your Drupal site at Administer -> Site Building -> Modules (admin/build/modules).
jQuery Simple Color Plugin support
If you want to use the jquery simple color plugin you need to download it and place it in your libraries folder (this will usually be "sites/all/libraries/").
You can download the plugin by using the following links or by Drush. Make sure you rename the folder jquery-simple-color so you get sites/all/libraries/jquery-simple-color/jquery.simple-color.js.
jQuery Spectrum Color Plugin support
If you want to use this plugin you need to download it, rename it as bgrins-spectrum and place it in your libraries folder (this will usually be "sites/all/libraries/").
So you will end up with js available under sites/all/libraries/bgrins-spectrum/spectrum.js
- Add the field to a node/entity
- Select the 'Color Field' field type
- Select the 'Color' widget you want