Extends Commerce License with the ability to sell access to files.
The user buys a product and gets access to all files attached to that product's commerce_file field.
Adding new files to the commerce_file field (a new software version, for instance) makes them immediately available to all users who have an active license.
Sponsored by Commerce Guys
- The "License completion message" checkout pane allows the customer to download the newly licensed files even if he is not logged in.
- Licensed files can be downloaded or streamed from the user's Files tab.
- File licenses can be time limited, and are automatically expired (by cron) once that time passes.
- The number of downloads / streams can be limited. Once the limit is reached, the file is listed, but can't be accessed.
- Integrates with Amazon S3, allowing licensed files to be retrieved directly from Amazon, using a secret and temporary URL.
See the documentation page for information on getting started and a comparison with the legacy commerce_file 1.x branch.
Contributed Modules Providing Additional Functionality
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Content Access Control, E-commerce, Fields, File Management, Security
- Reported installs: 1,330 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 13,043
- Last modified: November 3, 2013