The Deploy module is designed to allow developers to easily stage Drupal content from one site to another. Deploy automatically manages dependencies between objects (like node references). It is designed to have a rich API which can be easily extended to be used in a variety of situations.
The Drupal 7 version will see a complete rewrite to provide a more flexible API and workflow and to take full advantage of the new APIs in core.
We are heading for a beta release with some outstanding issues to deal with before we will roll. See the issue tag beta blocker and .
Deploy for Drupal 6 makes extensive use of the Services 6.x-2.x module for communicating with remote sites. (As of 07/18/2011, Services 6.x-3.x is incompatible, and there are no plans to make it so.)
Please read the installation and usage documentation before using the Deployment module. There are a lot of moving parts and while its not "hard" to setup, there are several steps to go through. Also, you can watch these screencasts:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Import/Export, Utility
- Reported installs: 873 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 24,665
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: July 12, 2013