Enables you to use your Drupal site to hold exams. Integrates with the Organic Groups module so that all group members will be put into exam mode when the time for exam arrives. In exam mode the users can only access a predefined set of pages in a predefined order, and all blocks are hidden except those you want to be visible in exam mode. Exam pages are only visible when taking exams.
How this module works for your students
- It protects exam nodes(tests for instance) so that the users can't access them outside exams
- When a user has exam he will be sent to the exam nodes(tests and webforms for instance) once he logs in.
- When in exam mode the user can't visit any other pages except the exam node pages.
- The exam module provides a navigation block named "steps" so that the user knows what step he is on and can jump between steps
- The user will be "thrown" out of exam mode if he uses too much time
- The exam module hides all blocks on the page and provides the function "exam_is_time" so that you can hide any other navigation when the user is in exam mode, you can even use a different theme when in exam mode
- Enable the exam module
- Configure permissions. Give your admins the permission to escape exams and to see exam nodes outside exams
- Configure settings for the exam module. When shall exam registration close? What is the maximum time a student can spend before the exam closes?
- Configure blocks. The exam module provides the "Steps" block. It is important to place the steps block in a visible region and make it visible in exam mode. (There is a vertical tab named "Exam" under visibility settings)
- Configure content types. Check "enable exams" in the exam tab for one of your group content types.
- Now you are ready to go! Create an exam enabled group, and the group members will be sent into exam mode when the time is right.
- Testing and sponsoring: Norwegian Center for ICT in Education(Norwegian only)
- Development: Amendor AS(Norwegian only)
- QA: Cerpus AS(Norwegian only)