Linkit provides an easy interface for internal and external linking with editors and fields by using an autocomplete field. Linkit links to nodes, users, managed files, terms and have basic support for all entities by default.
Linkit has three major advantages over traditional linking
- The user does not have to copy or remember a URL.
- It is a sustainable solution for internal linking.
- It has a user friendy UI.
- Basic support for all entities.
- Token support (for better descriptions on search results in Linkit).
- Provides a link button, similar to the ordinary link button in most editors.
- Can be attached to fields.
- The button opens a dialog with an autocomplete field for searching content.
- Support for IMCE.
- Settings are handled by profiles, similar to the profiles of the WYSIWYG module. Thus, it is possible to customize the behavior of Linkit in detail.
- Works with and without Pathologic.
- Internal absolute URL:s converts automatically into Drupal paths, very simple for users who are used to copy-pasting.
- Tested to work in multiple server environments, e.g. with and without clean URL:s, Drupal installation in a subdirectory or on a different port.
- Uses BAC *
- Fully exportable with Features module
- Normal module installation procedure.
- Enable the Linkit button in your editor or on your field.
After the installation, you have to create a Linkit profile. The profile will contain information about which attributes and plugins to use.
You need to install File Entity in order to get the managed files plugin to work.
- Linkit panel pages
- Linkit Views (is included in 6.x)
- Linkit Picker
- Linkit Target
Adds the target attribute. (is included in 7.x-3.x)
Our new robust and flexible API
- Makes it easy for developers to extend Linkit with custom plugins. Example implementations included.
- Has support for altering db querys, using tags.
- Makes it possible to add HTML attributes to links (or alter existing attributes' interface)
There is a API file called linkit.api.php
- NO UPGRADE PATH FROM 2.x to 3.x
Current verison - Under active development.
Maintenance fixes only.
No further development
Maintenance fixes only
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Filters/Editors, Path Management
- Reported installs: 24,093 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 143,141
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 8, 2014