This module provides integration with MailChimp, a popular email delivery service. The module makes it easy for website users or visitors to control which of your email lists they want to be on (or off), lets you generate and send MailChimp email campaigns from your site, and lets you and your users view a history of emails they have been sent from MailChimp. More generally, it aspires to makes your email delivery world efficient and to make your user's email receipt and control simple and precise. Thanks to MailChimp's ongoing sponsorship, this module is actively maintained and regularly adding features.
Features & Modules
The MailChimp core module provides all of the API integration functionality, and the ability to add your MailChimp API key and set a few settings. Unless you are writing your own functionality with MailChimp, it doesn't do much alone. The other features are broken out into the following modules (which come with MailChimp):
- Create list entities in Drupal connected directly to lists in MailChimp
- Provides configurable blocks for each list to allow users to control their subscriptions
- Supports anonymous list signup for anonymous website visitors
- Optionally add a list subscription check box to a tab on user pages
- Allow users to subscribe to MailChimp lists during registration
- Map Drupal user fields to your MailChimp merge fields, allowing users to update their member information on MailChimp through Drupal
- Create campaigns containing any Drupal entity as content
- Send campaigns created in Drupal through MailChimp or Drupal
- View campaign statistics
- Display MailChimp history for any email address in Drupal
- Can be linked to any entity with an email address field, and can display on various entity types simultaneously
- As of November, 2010, MailChimp is sponsoring the maintenance and development of this project through its Integration Fund.
- Module development and maintenance by ThinkShout.
- Mandrill: MailChimp's transactional email service, replacing the deprecated STS service and module.
- MCC: An alternative campaign module.
With the release of version 7.x-2.8, the MailChimp API library is no longer included with the module due to license incompatibility. This adds an extra step to the installation, and it may also add an extra step if you are upgrading from an earlier version. See the README for more details and proceed with care on upgrades to live sites.
As of 7.x-2.11, there are automated tests included with the mailchimp_lists module, and support built into the main module in form of a virtual API. We welcome additional tests, and you can help us help you by creating tests that match your particular use-cases. In order to run the tests, you must have the testing core module enabled, and you must be using an install profile that provides all of MailChimp's module dependencies, as the tests set themselves up using the active install profile.
Also: make sure your libraries module is version 2.0 before you install or upgrade MailChimp. Drupal will let this module install even if you have 1.0 despite the requirements specification in the MailChimp module, and the MailChimp install routine will break.