NodeSymlinks allows you to display the same content to users at multiple locations in the Drupal menu system with unique URL path, unique navigation breadcrumb and without the SEO penalty that usually occurs with multiple copies of the same content.
This is useful when you want to have the same page reachable though multiple menu items, each with its own URL, menu trail and breadcrumb path.
- Each NodeSymlink has a unique breadcrumb generated from menu which is currently in use.
- Each NodeSymlink has a unique menu trail.
- Each NodeSymlink has an automatically created URL alias.
- All duplicate content paths are sanitized, meaning that duplicate node pages are marked with "robots noindex" metatags in the head of the node's rendered html to prevent them from being indexed by search engines.
- Full support for Path module (creating custom URL aliases) and Pathauto module (automatically generating URL aliases using tokens)
The goal of the NodeSymlinks module is to be a "proof of concept" that different unique paths to the same content isn't necessarily bad in terms of SEO if properly handled.
You can add more than one menu item per node (but with the same URL & same breadcrumb) with this module:
You can hide whole menu settings fieldset for certain node types using this modules:
Experimental support of SubmenuTree
SubmenuTree module allows you to list duplicated content in SubmenuTree pages and blocks. (A patch to SubmenuTree must be applied to get it working together. See ).