OpenAid is a turnkey website platform designed to help NGOs and other non-profit organizations create cost-effective program-focused websites quickly.
As a Features-based Drupal 7 distribution, OpenAid provides a basic responsive theme and commonly-needed functionality to allow organizations and programs to launch new sites without the need for extensive custom development. You can also use it as a starting point to build your own custom sites faster, borrowing from the theme and features provided by OpenAid to create your own.
The core features of OpenAid include:
- Customizable home page with prominent image carousel and stream of recent updates
- Multi-author blog
- User profiles
- Project profiles, including geographic and categorical meta data
- Resource library with support for Apache Solr and faceted search
- Partner profiles
- Image galleries
The platform also includes blocks for social media links, a pre-configured WYSIWYG editor and CAPTCHA spam blocker, and other useful supporting features. OpenAid is mobile-friendly out of the box, using responsive design techniques to adapt the design seamlessly for mobile browsers.
- Follow progress at twitter.com/OpenAidDistro
- Join the OpenAid community at groups.drupal.org/openaid
- Ask questions in IRC at #openaid
- Check out a demo at openaiddistro.org
There are several great distributions intended for non-profit use. A full list of distributions can be found at https://drupal.org/project/project_distribution.